Saturday, December 10, 2011

Injury Chart

My friends... nothing is ever easy!

Let me tell you how painful my last few days have been!!!

1. INVISIBLE GLASS
It all started with a shattered glass cup a week ago. I thought I got all the pieces up. However I have been HAUNTED by little shards. The first piece that logged in there, I was able to fish out. Possibly due to the blood. However, the other day another piece got up in there. For the life of me I can NOT find it! As soon as I lift my foot i cant feel it anymore. If apply pressure while its upturned, I don't feel it. And it hurts. Every step.

2. MYSTERY FINGER CUTS
I have a chunk of skin off the knuckle of my thumb, and then a cut on my pointer and middle fingers. On the side, next to the knuckle. Apparently, everything I touch I use this part of these two fingers. Who knew? I hypothesize it is happening in my sleep. I am a kinda crazy sleeper and have recently been waking myself in the middle of the night when my face connects with the wall in some fit of dream movement. Cuts? In my sleep? Trust me, it is feasible with me.

3. THE PURPLE BIG TOE NAIL
This one is the serious one. It all started when I let my toenails get too long. I know, lol. But it happened. It seems that my long toe nail was jamming up against the front of my shoe as I walked. Well, it jammed up one too many times. I theorize my toe nail is disconnecting from my skin. It is, AT LEAST, as painful as it sounds. Every step is pain. Plus, the invisible glass is lodged in this very foot. In fact, on the opposite side as the toe. So no matter where I put my weight it hurts. (ps. I have trimmed the nail, but it is still getting worse)

4. JOGGING AGAIN
I have been jogging again. Which is good news, but bad news for my feet. Owwww! Running on glass infested, toe nail coming off feet is no bueno. Oh, and apparently the path I have been running is longer than I thought. I actually ran 3 miles this morning instead of the 2 I thought it was. VICTORY! (painful, but victorious!)

5. STRANGE STOMACH VIRUS
I have heard that this is going around, but I cannot verify. Last week I was even out of commission a day and a half due to this stomach virus that makes me feel like I have the flu, without actually having it. The worst part is, the bastard will not go away. I haven't had an appetite, and when I do I feel bad after eating. And anyone who knows me, knows I love food. This is uncomfortable and a bit sad.

In summary, whether I grab something, write something, walk, run, eat, or apparently dream, I am hurting myself. Deep sigh. This is life...lol


DIAGRAM 1: SARAH INJURY CHART
 Yes, I would like to be babied. 



DIAGRAM 2: THE PURPLE TOE NAIL
I am not kidding when I tell you that my toe nail is purple. And truth be told, it is a very beautiful hue, if I do say so myself. Not the usual dark bruise purple.



A little extra, thanks to the amazing iphone! Painful jog as it was... it was beautiful to watch the sunrise!



_________


UPDATES HAVE BEEN REQUESTED: (Jan 6)


1. INVISIBLE GLASS (in my foot)
This has disappeared thank goodness! It actually got kinda bad. I was walking on the heel of my foot. I think it got worse as my big toe felt better. Maybe the big toe pain was overshadowing the glass pain. lol. But its 100% gone and feels fine now!

2. MYSTERY FINGER CUTS
These have healed up too. yay! And luckily haven't gotten anymore. Recently I have strange bruises on my legs - I must be a maniac when I sleep. But in the winter who cares!

3. THE PURPLE BIG TOE NAIL
This one has been the most interesting. I no longer have any pain, but the purple has not gone away. It has just gotten darker. Essentially it is black now. And the other big toe is now slightly purple. It went though a day or two of being a little sore. I am thinking it is my running shoes. I need to invest in some quality shoes ASAP. I am a procrastinator though. Missy (whom I plague with pic messages of my hideous toe that say "my lucky toe says good morning") thinks I need to see a doctor immediately. Eh... I'm not sweating it. I know this is bad but doctor shmoctor.

4. JOGGING AGAIN
yay! this isnt really a problem... except that this past week I really haven't been as much. I have still been at the gym though!

5. STRANGE STOMACH VIRUS
All gone! I already had acid issues before the virus. So I still have some issues with that sometimes. But I still do not know what the stomach virus I had was.

In SUMMARY, I am feeling pretty good. I also jump started a new diet regime today. NOOOO, not "diet" as in starve myself so pump the breaks. I would never be able to starve, I am way too grumpy when I am hungry lol. "Diet" as in my lifestyle of eating! I am hoping with this new lifestyle I can live longer and healthier and have less stomach acid issues.

thanks for caring guys!

2 comments:

  1. lol you need to take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crizzy! What the heck. I think you need to slow down Miss B! Please slow down. I'm worried about this mystery virus. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete